Hello from the RVCC CARES Team! CARES stands for Campus Assessment, Response, and Evaluation. Our team consists of professionals from multiple areas of the College. We meet bi-monthly to evaluate students of concern and connect them with appropriate resources. You can self-navigate these resources, share them with others, or request support through the referral form:
The RVCC CARES Team is committed to supporting the well-being, safety, and success of our students through proactive intervention and resource referrals. We strive to promote an inclusive, safe, and welcoming culture at RVCC.
Dr. Jennifer Cournoyer (she/her), Chair
Student Success Coach
Lacy Gross, Co-Chair
Academic Advisor & Student Life Coordinator
Dr. Eileen Glover (she/her)
Professor & Department Chair, Allied Health
Professor & Program Director, Allied Nursing
Associate Professor & Program Director, Respiratory Therapy
- Addiction Treatment Program at Dartmouth Health
- NH Alcohol & Drug Treatment Locator
- Better Life Partners – Virtual, easy to access care. Call or text 1-866-679-0831
- New Hampshire Naloxone Information
Domestic Violence & Sexual Violence Resources
- NH Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
- NH DHHS: Domestic Violence Support
- New Beginnings
- National Sexual Assault Legal Hotline – 567-SHATTER (1-567-742-8837) is the free national legal hotline for all victims of sexual harassment, assault and rape to access a reputable legal team to learn their options for justice. Directed by Take Back The Night, the Hotline is staffed 24/7 by trauma-informed legal experts specializing in victim advocacy to best support victims when they call.
- NH211 NH 211 is the entry point for the regional and statewide voucher/rental assistance/permanent housing/supportive housing list, and can screen for and make referral to the most appropriate group or groups.
- The Trevor Project (crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.) Text “START” to 678678
- Free Teletherapy through BetterMynd
- NH988 (Hotline for persons experiencing a mental health or substance abuse crisis) Call or text 1-833-710-6477
People of Color Crisis Text Line
Provides access to trained Crisis Counselors of Color. This resource is a collaboration between the Steve Fund Partnership and the Crisis Text Line.
Text “STEVE” to 741741
Student Assistance Program (SAP)
RVCC provides students with free, confidential services through Kepro. Services include counseling, legal & financial assistance, daily living services, and online tools & information.
Veterans’ Crisis Line
Connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
When should I submit a referral?
If you are a student worried about a fellow student, or a faculty or staff member worried about a student, please fill out a form. Submissions are reviewed within 1-2 business days, during regular business hours. If your concern is more urgent, or if this is an emergency situation, please dial 911.
Degree programs offered